The new thinking bride


When I saw this picture that a dear friend Oliver Howell took at a wedding he was at last summer I just love it! Fun, trendy, cute out of the box..






Then I really took a look at it. Tho I think it's a great picture(he is amazing) I thought to myself where are flowers? are brides really thinking this way? out of the box? Kinda scary for me. What if the brides stopped ordering wedding flowers. Today men lapel flowers, tomorrow maids bouquets and so on. looking for that alternative. This is one HUGE reason myself and other designers need to be on top of their GAME. Always having new ideas for the client.
What do you see when you look at this photo? do you see the lost art of design gone? new trendy looks for the bride? I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment....

Photo by www.kalamazooweddingphotography.com

Comments

Rev. Carleen said…
I thought it was funny for a picture, but I would not want that as a true alternative. Actually, the green of the button was off from the other greens of the suit, and pin buttons are way out of place in formal wear. They are great for putting on a T-shirt to show support of your kid's team, or on a cap or casual jacket to make a statement. If this was actually in the wedding, I would find it odd, but to each his own. They really miss out by not taking advantage of the alternative floral choices. I have seen boutennieres made from raw cotton, etc. More manly and "out of the box", yet still fresh and elegant.
Unknown said…
Funny, but sad! I understand that the groom and his groomsmen do not want to wear something that they would consider a courage, but there is so many fun alternative flowers out there that we can find something "manly" for the guys. I personally have a ton of guys this year either wearing a fiddle fern, the blue thistle, peacock feathers, and even fresh herbs to give them the look that represents who they are as guys. But I do have a wedding that I would love to find those buttons for as a joke because my couple would love it!
I see a passing fancy. Someone thought it was clever - which it is. I don't see it catching on. As Carleen and Dee have said, there are lots of more creative alternatives.
Flowerdiva said…
You think that is scary, check this out.

http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2010/04/city-hall-wedding.html

She is a big deal writer, huge blog, and 119 comments on her blog says this is lovely and wonderful and charming.

I am horrified.

I can wear overalls to pay a traffic ticket at city hall anytime.

Are weddings nothing special? Truly, is nothing sacred?

Popular Posts